Old 11-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default Gardeners World

can't get on the BBC Gardeners Worlds Monty Don Website but BBC please Oh
please bring back the PROPER theme music!!!

---

Old 11-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Adam Davis

The new "remixed" music is pretty naff, I do agree.

The rest of the programme was pretty good and it will be very interesting to
see how the garden develops over time.

Old 11-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Sacha say...
can't get on the BBC Gardeners Worlds Monty Don Website but BBC please Oh
please bring back the PROPER theme music!!!

How funny! We both hated the 'new' and tinkered with music.

You weren't the only ones.
--
Fenny
Thought for the Day...
Old 12-04-2003, 07:08 AM
JennyC

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in
message ...
can't get on the BBC Gardeners Worlds Monty Don Website but BBC

please Oh
please bring back the PROPER theme music!!!

I don't care about the music.......I was just Soooooooo glad that the
program was a huge improvement on the old version :~))

Monty Don looks like a real gardener, he talks like a real gardener
and does real garden things - none of that 'instant landscaping in one
weekend" Loved it when he said "this hedge will be wonderful in5
years time" :~))

Looks as if I can start to watch is again ..........
Jenny

Old 12-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Alan Gould

In article , JennyC
writes
Monty Don looks like a real gardener, he talks like a real gardener
and does real garden things - none of that 'instant landscaping in one
weekend" Loved it when he said "this hedge will be wonderful in5
years time" :~))

And when he said "this part will be the vegetable garden"
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Simon Caldow

I did manage to get to the site and have expressd my distaste at their
messing about with our classic original. I just hope it has some good
effect. What next? The Archers?

Old 12-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Pam Moore

The new series of G.W. got off to a good start and I think Monty Don
will be better than A.T. More practical, less gimmicky.

What a wonderful canvas they have in that garden!

I can tolerate the music as long as the content is PROPER GARDENING.
Well done the Beeb. Keep it up.

Pam in Bristol
pamdotmooreatvirgindotnet
Old 12-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Natalie

I don't care about the music.......I was just Soooooooo glad that the
program was a huge improvement on the old version :~))

Monty Don looks like a real gardener, he talks like a real gardener
and does real garden things - none of that 'instant landscaping in one
weekend" Loved it when he said "this hedge will be wonderful in5
years time" :~))

Looks as if I can start to watch is again ..........

If, like me, you missed the programme on Friday night it is being repeated
on Sundays 11-11.30am BBC 2.

Natalie

Old 12-04-2003, 09:20 PM
mick

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
The new series of G.W. got off to a good start and I think Monty Don
will be better than A.T. More practical, less gimmicky.

I dont think the problem with Gardeners World was ever Alan Titchmarsh.
And I dont think Monty Don is going to improve things unless of course he
removes the hangers on , and reserve judgement for the moment. I didnt see
anything last night to make me think things had improved.

The real problem with gardeners World is still there - too many fingers in
the soil. Too many band wagon gardeners, not naming names but "the team".
Gardening is not a team game. One has ones garden and it is ones personal
and total domain. It aint a "team effort".
And I can understand why AT gave up the programme when having to work with
that Team and in HIS Garden!

I note the garden is for the first time not that of the presenter!??

Too many cooks and all that!

Old 13-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Gill Hall

I note the garden is for the first time not that of the presenter!??

I think I read somewhere - in the Radio Times, perhaps? that MD's garden was
considered for the programme but that he decided to protect his family's
privacy by not using it.

We breathed a huge sigh of relief - MD has been my favourite gardening
presenter for a long time - so practical and down to earth. Thank heavens for
no gimmicky camera work, a long term attitude to gardening (and no Ivan
Hicks!).

Gill Hall
Old 13-04-2003, 12:56 AM
mandy thomas

It just amazes me that people want to write messages expressing approval or
otherwise for a TV programme.

I like orange but my partner prefers lemon.

I like tea, you may prefer coffee.

Red used to be my mum's fave colour, but I prefer blue.

I've always preferred Coronation St over Eastenders.

I preferred the old signature tune on Gardeners World to that new one.

Be honest, just how interesting is any of this to you?

Does anyone really care that much?

m.

Old 13-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Gill Hall

It just amazes me that people want to write messages expressing approval or
otherwise for a TV programme.

Gardeners World is no mere TV programme. It's an institution of gardening life!
Some took our first faltering gardening steps at its knee, if you follow my
mixed metaphor.

Gill Hall