Old 07-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Registered User

Unhappy help, my garden bomb site..

If anybody can help me, I would like some free seeds for my garden. I am 21/f, just moved house and my garden needs a great deal of tlc, at present it looks like a bombs hit it! I would really like to grow any variety of flowers to brighten up the place. I enjoy gardening and would appreciate any spare seeds anyone may have lying around in the shed, as i cannot afford to spend any money on the garden due to 'new home syndrome'.. (skint!). Please contact me on my email ) if you have any free seeds (or bedding plants) that you would like to give a good home. Thank you! x
Old 07-06-2006, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OhNo

Default help, my garden bomb site..

--
sophcb

I've heard the version.....Hello I am a student with no money and looking
for a free notebook to carry out my last year studies..............yet they
seem to have enough to be in the pub/club every night.........

Old 07-06-2006, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

sophcb wrote:
If anybody can help me, I would like some free seeds for my garden. I am
21/f, just moved house and my garden needs a great deal of tlc, at
present it looks like a bombs hit it! I would really like to grow any
variety of flowers to brighten up the place. I enjoy gardening and
would appreciate any spare seeds anyone may have lying around in the
shed, as i cannot afford to spend any money on the garden due to 'new
home syndrome'.. (skint!). Please contact me on my email
) if you have any free seeds (or bedding plants)
that you would like to give a good home. Thank you! x

These seeds you want would be for next year I presume. So perhaps you
could ask again when it's time to sow and when people harvest their
seeds, at the end of summer. As for bedding plants - where do you live?

Old 07-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Registered User

Quote:
I've heard the version.....Hello I am a student with no money and looking
for a free notebook to carry out my last year studies..............yet they
seem to have enough to be in the pub/club every night.........

Theres no need to be steriotypical about me. Just because I'm 21 doesn't mean I go out drinking..I'd much rather spend my money decorating my home thank you.. I've never heard that note book version by the way, and just because you're not the kind of person who would help me doesn't mean you have to be rude.....especially seeing as you dont know me. I'm sorry but there are still some decent people left in the world.
I thought people on a forum like this would be able to help me.. not scrutinise me
Old 07-06-2006, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OhNo

"sophcb" wrote in message

[...]

that's right I work for everything I have and don't scrounge............

Old 07-06-2006, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
the_constructor

"sophcb" wrote in message

[...]

Send me an email sophcb
--
the_constructor

Old 07-06-2006, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Crowe

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from sophcb contains these words:

....especially seeing as you
dont know me.

More importantly, you don't know anyone here.

'but as you have come via Garden Banter we 'the owners' don't like you' :-((

Don't worry sophcb, there ARE some nice people on this newsgroup and they
will help you :-))

The 'owners' don't like me but who cares? They are in the minority of life's
affairs :-)) I can count up on one hand those who I don't win favour with
and I just let them pass by :-))

Michael Crowe FEP

:-))

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

Old 07-06-2006, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Crowe

watch 'em come screaming in on me now :-)))))))

Old 12-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophcb

sophcb at hot mail dot com

Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Crowe
watch 'em come screaming in on me now :-)))))))

Michael Crowe FEP

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

Lol, thank you for you're advice.. i guess i was a bit put off at first because i've never used a forum before, ad on my first post i got a horrible reply! lol! Oh well.. i'm sorry if this has taken a while or if i havent posted it right? i'm a bit of a newbie!
Old 12-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Puce
sophcb wrote:
If anybody can help me, I would like some free seeds for my garden. I am
21/f, just moved house and my garden needs a great deal of tlc, at
present it looks like a bombs hit it! I would really like to grow any
variety of flowers to brighten up the place. I enjoy gardening and
would appreciate any spare seeds anyone may have lying around in the
shed, as i cannot afford to spend any money on the garden due to 'new
home syndrome'.. (skint!). Please contact me on my email
) if you have any free seeds (or bedding plants)
that you would like to give a good home. Thank you! x

These seeds you want would be for next year I presume. So perhaps you
could ask again when it's time to sow and when people harvest their
seeds, at the end of summer. As for bedding plants - where do you live?
Hi, thank you for your advice concerning seeds, I shall try again later when its time to sow as you said. I live in a village near Selby, which is situated in between Leeds and York
Old 12-06-2006, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

i'm a bit of a newbie!

--
sophcb

"A bit of a newbie" so is everyone at some time in their lives. Not
everyone is born with a Garden Spade in their mouths. I was a Lecturer
during some of the time of my working life, and I always assumed that a
student knew nothing of the subject when he came into a 1st Lecture of a new
subject. I built on that.

Welcome to urg newbie, ........ well not such a newbie now, you've learnt a
bit :-))

Mike