Old 07-06-2006, 03:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default ****ing on compost

A question for those who **** on their compost heap. How often do you apply
it? What ratio do you? Neat or mixed with water.

thanks.
Rob

Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

"George.com" wrote in message
A question for those who **** on their compost heap.

How often do you apply it? When I need to.

What ratio do you? Don't know. Never measured it.

Neat or mixed with water. Mixed. Simply because it's simpler to get a couple
of inches of water in a bucket, pee in that and pour the mix on the compost.

Steve

Old 07-06-2006, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

shazzbat wrote:
"George.com" wrote in message
A question for those who **** on their compost heap.

How often do you apply it? When I need to.

What ratio do you? Don't know. Never measured it.

Neat or mixed with water. Mixed. Simply because it's simpler to get a couple
of inches of water in a bucket, pee in that and pour the mix on the compost.

Say, where _is_ Rusty?

--
Mike.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

George.com wrote:
A question for those who **** on their compost heap. How often do you apply
it? What ratio do you? Neat or mixed with water.

Stired, not shaken.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
ups.com...

shazzbat wrote:
"George.com" wrote in message
A question for those who **** on their compost heap.

How often do you apply it? When I need to.

What ratio do you? Don't know. Never measured it.

Neat or mixed with water. Mixed. Simply because it's simpler to get a
couple
of inches of water in a bucket, pee in that and pour the mix on the
compost.

Say, where _is_ Rusty?

--
Mike.

He is still alive but..... have a look in uk.rec.sheds. Rusty relay message
explains all

Old 07-06-2006, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Mike Lyle wrote:
Say, where _is_ Rusty?

Redoing his house. Too skint to get his moden going - no phone either.
If you want to write to him I've got his address.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

La Puce wrote:
Mike Lyle wrote:
Say, where _is_ Rusty?

Redoing his house. Too skint to get his moden going - no phone either.
If you want to write to him I've got his address.

Kind of you. But I'll wait for his reappearance in all his glory.

--
Mike.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Sacha wrote:
Which you won't pass on without his permission, presumably? It's all too
easy for any old bod to contact you for that now. ;-(

If someone wants to get in touch there's indeed lots of way - he's been
in touch via Guy King on uk.sheds. The sheddies have sent him a card
too. Now if you want to write, I'll give it to you, but I'll give it to
someone who's been around here for a while and who knows him. Not just
anybody off course.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"La Puce" wrote in message
ps.com...

Sacha wrote:
Which you won't pass on without his permission, presumably? It's all too
easy for any old bod to contact you for that now. ;-(

If someone wants to get in touch there's indeed lots of way - he's been
in touch via Guy King on uk.sheds. The sheddies have sent him a card
too. Now if you want to write, I'll give it to you, but I'll give it to
someone who's been around here for a while and who knows him. Not just
anybody off course.

Please do not distribute his address to anyone.He would prefer you to make
any contact through a third party such as Guy King.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 7/6/06 13:04, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"La Puce" wrote in message
ps.com...

Sacha wrote:
Which you won't pass on without his permission, presumably? It's all too
easy for any old bod to contact you for that now. ;-(

If someone wants to get in touch there's indeed lots of way - he's been
in touch via Guy King on uk.sheds. The sheddies have sent him a card
too. Now if you want to write, I'll give it to you, but I'll give it to
someone who's been around here for a while and who knows him. Not just
anybody off course.

Please do not distribute his address to anyone.He would prefer you to make
any contact through a third party such as Guy King.

I don't know who Guy King is but I do think it unwise to give out someone's
address without their permission. There's no knowing whether they'll pass
it on to others, or indeed if Rusty - or anyone else - will appreciate it
being handed out. I'd rather act on the basis that if anyone wants others
to have their address, they'll give it to them personally.
Some years ago I was given a severe ticking off by a past poster because I'd
given the email address of someone who used to post here. Happily, the
email addy I gave was the one she'd always used on this group so I had
disclosed nothing that couldn't be found in the archive and my ticker off
apologised. But people do feel strongly about this and rightly so, IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 07-06-2006, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bookworm

George.com wrote:
A question for those who **** on their compost heap. How often do you apply
it?

When the missus is not looking!

What ratio do you? Neat or mixed with water.

Depends on how much beer I have had

Old 07-06-2006, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

George.com writes
A question for those who **** on their compost heap. How often do you apply
it? What ratio do you? Neat or mixed with water.

I'm not sure you're likely to hit the upper limit.
I used to live in a house with an outside loo. Overnight, rather than
face the trip outside, we used to pee in a bucket, almost filling the
bucket in the morning. I'd tip this into an 18 inch square hole (about
12 inches deep) in the morning along with the tea leaves and veg
peelings. The garden was only about 20ft by 10ft, so we had very little
garden waste to add. It turned into the most perfect compost I have ever
made, studded with beautiful new potatoes from the peelings. And we
never had problems with smell.

To answer your question - nowadays, I apply any time I need to while in
the garden (ie, virtually never in the winter, perhaps two or three
times a day on summer weekends), neat. Or mixed with rainwater,
depending on the state of the tub I use as a delivery mechanism.
--
Kay
Old 07-06-2006, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

... uk.sheds.

is there really a NG devoted to sheds?

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Old 07-06-2006, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"H Ryder" wrote in message
... uk.sheds.

is there really a NG devoted to sheds?

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Yes. uk.rec.sheds. You need to speak sheddi language and have an advanced
sense of humour:-)