GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Family trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146143-family-trees.html)

KK 07-06-2006 07:09 PM

Family trees

In my local GC I saw some 'family trees', fruit trees with 3 different
varieties grafted on !. Has anyone else met these ? They were advertised for
plums & pears, tho' there were no plums in stock. The 3 different varieties
pollinate each other !

KK

Stewart Robert Hinsley 07-06-2006 08:22 PM

Family trees

In message , KK
writes
In my local GC I saw some 'family trees', fruit trees with 3 different
varieties grafted on !. Has anyone else met these ? They were advertised for
plums & pears, tho' there were no plums in stock. The 3 different varieties
pollinate each other !

KK

You can get them for apples as well. I've also seen a family shrub -
three varieties of Hibiscus syriacus grafted on a single stem.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley