GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tomatoes, tubs with no drainage (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146402-re-tomatoes-tubs-no-drainage.html)

davu 13-06-2006 01:52 AM

tomatoes, tubs with no drainage

First and last time I ever put tomato plants in tubs. First problem was blossom end rot on
most plants. Second problem, even when watering twice a day, the inside of the tubs were
as dry as sawdust in a desert.

So, one by one, I laid each plant on its side, dug large holes in the ground inside the
greenhouse, nudged each plant and soil out of the tubs, and slid them into the holes and filled
up with the excess soil. I was surprised how easy this was even with 4 feet high plants.