GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   flowers on peppers dropping off and not setting fruit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146416-flowers-peppers-dropping-off-not-setting-fruit.html)

Gardening_Convert 13-06-2006 10:33 AM

flowers on peppers dropping off and not setting fruit

I have some roasting peppers growing in the conservatory which gets
quite hot in this weather.

They are flowering but instead of setting fruit the flowers and the
little flowering stems have been dropping off.

I re-read the seed packet which says to keep the compost moist while it
flowering which I was doing yesterday as I was working from home.

Do you think it was this reason that that haver been dropping off.

I'm now trying with the aid of the wife to keep water in the botton
tray so that should help keep the compost moist. Is the correct ? will
this help them to set fruit ?