GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT, OT, OT The Scottish Store (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146471-ot-ot-ot-scottish-store.html)

Sacha 14-06-2006 06:22 PM

OT, OT, OT The Scottish Store

A little while ago I posted asking if anyone had dealings with this
Edinburgh based company. I didn't find anyone who did but I did receive a
couple of extremely helpful emails.
The goods which I ordered and which were to be engraved, arrived today. The
trophy itself is very attractive but the engraving is appalling - truly
beyond belief. One letter has been gone over twice, achieving a most
peculiar effect, one word has been left off completely and the top line is
in no way centred over the rest of the engraving below it.
The money for this was taken from my account on 11 April and I have been
asking for a delivery date since roughly the middle of May, receiving the
repetitive excuse that it takes time to engrave these items and this is the
reason for the delay. Originally, I was promised delivery for circa 25th
May, today is 14th June. I have now lost count of the unanswered phone
calls I made and ditto the emails.
As a consequence of this total incompetence, shoddy workmanship and
behaviour, I have sent a blistering email and answerphone message to the
Scottish Store and have received the offer of a larger trophy and
re-engraving. Given that it took them two months to come up with the
defective goods, I have refused that offer because I simply do not have the
luxury of time to risk it being wrong again. Instead, I'm keeping the
trophy and getting a local engraver to rectify the problem.
From the above, you will understand that I do not feel I can recommend this
company!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Kate Morgan 14-06-2006 06:54 PM

OT, OT, OT The Scottish Store

In article , says...
[...]
From the above, you will understand that I do not feel I can recommend this
company!

I am sorry to hear this news Sacha, I will pass on this news to family
who live in Edinburgh and they in turn will make sure that the Scottish
Store is not used for anything at all.

kate

Sacha 14-06-2006 07:07 PM

OT, OT, OT The Scottish Store

On 14/6/06 18:54, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

In article ,
says...
A little while ago I posted asking if anyone had dealings with this
Edinburgh based company. I didn't find anyone who did but I did receive a
couple of extremely helpful emails.
The goods which I ordered and which were to be engraved, arrived today. The
trophy itself is very attractive but the engraving is appalling - truly
beyond belief.

snip
From the above, you will understand that I do not feel I can recommend this
company!

I am sorry to hear this news Sacha, I will pass on this news to family
who live in Edinburgh and they in turn will make sure that the Scottish
Store is not used for anything at all.

kate

For all I know, going into the store and buying direct may be fine. But
they have a very big online presence that I've fallen foul of.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk