GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can anyone identify this (Sisyrinchium sp?) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146610-can-anyone-identify-sisyrinchium-sp.html)

News 17-06-2006 02:30 PM

Can anyone identify this (Sisyrinchium sp?)

Hi,

Could anyone identify this Iris-like plant that is growing at the side
of my pond, please?

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6761/p23px.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8664/p17ar.jpg

It's 18" tall, and the largest flowers are just under an inch across. I
think it might be a Sisyrinchium, because I bought a mixed pack from
Chiltern Seeds a few years ago, but I've had a browse around the web and
can't see any that have flowers so rounded or closely packed.

Thanks!

Sacha 17-06-2006 02:43 PM

Can anyone identify this (Sisyrinchium sp?)

Have a look at this: http://www.gaiser.org/Sisyrinchium_striatum.jpg
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk