GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Memorial plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146654-re-memorial-plant.html)

Charlie Pridham 18-06-2006 08:44 AM

Memorial plant

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

A friend has asked me to plant something in our garden, in memory of
her daughter who died recently. (Lovely idea). The garden is coastal,
sunny and windy with a mild winter climate. Can anyone recommend any
plants (not trees) suited to that situation, named Caroline?

Janet.

--

Janet, I have gone through the plantfinder software and in the last edition
the following are available

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Bob Hobden 18-06-2006 04:39 PM

Memorial plant

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

Thanks for that Charlie (and everyone else)..I'd followed Bob's link
and found those too, and took a trip round google images to look them
up. I'm particularly taken with the hemerocallis, a favourite plant of
mine, and the nerine if the variety is hardy enough (it's one of the red
ones, which I think are more iffy as garden plants).

I found the red ones more difficult than the pink as garden plants, but
worth a try?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden