Old 18-06-2006, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT

Default Pelargonium 'Winston Churchill'

Hi,

Many years ago, my late mother gave me a small growing, rare Pelargonium,
'Winston Churchill', famous then for its almost black leaves. Viewed against
the leaves, the petals were a glowing pillar box red. Since those far off
days, I have kept its 'children' going by regularly taking cuttings. Now the
leaves have lost their dramatic black colour, reverting to a dark green,
although the petals are still glowing red. I remember that my mother
bought two plants from a nursery near Cambridge.

After taking more cuttings today, I searched the Internet in the hope that I
might find the variety still exists. Having no luck at all, I would be most
interested to know if anyone can help me locate a P. 'Winston Churchill'
especially with the almost black leaves.

Thanks.

MikeCT