GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Feeding blueberry plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146683-feeding-blueberry-plants.html)

Angelfeet 18-06-2006 09:20 PM

Feeding blueberry plants

I bought a blueberry Bluecrop earlier in the year and have planted it
in a 50 cm pot. It seems to be producing some fruit, but do I need to
feed it - if so, which feed should I use?

Sara

Robert 18-06-2006 09:30 PM

Feeding blueberry plants

"Angelfeet" wrote in message
ups.com...
:I bought a blueberry Bluecrop earlier in the year and have planted it
: in a 50 cm pot. It seems to be producing some fruit, but do I need to
: feed it - if so, which feed should I use?
:
: Sara

A high potash tomatoe feed should do the trick

Jane 19-06-2006 09:35 AM

Feeding blueberry plants

:I bought a blueberry Bluecrop earlier in the year and have planted it
: in a 50 cm pot. It seems to be producing some fruit, but do I need to
: feed it - if so, which feed should I use?

A high potash tomatoe feed should do the trick

No, definitely not tomato feed. Use an ericaceous fertiliser, the kind you
use on camellias, rhododendrons and azaleas.

Here's a few links to info on care of blueberries:

http://www.dorset-blueberry.com/cultivation/index.asp
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...1/ixgmain.html
http://www.blueberry.org/
http://www.suffolkblues.co.uk/