GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146733-plant-identification.html)

Small Red Robin 19-06-2006 04:02 PM

Plant identification

Please can you help me identify these two plants.

Two pictures of the first one at these links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27556987@N00/169032400/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2755698...7594093547113/

.... and one picture of the second at this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2755698...7594093547113/

Many thanks!

Philippe Gautier 19-06-2006 04:10 PM

Plant identification

wrote:
Please can you help me identify these two plants.

Two pictures of the first one at these links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27556987@N00/169032400/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2755698...7594093547113/

Centaurea montana

... and one picture of the second at this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2755698...7594093547113/

Thalicrum aquilegiifolium

I think! Don't know about the third...

Sacha 19-06-2006 04:15 PM

Plant identification

On 19/6/06 16:02, in article
, "Small Red Robin"
wrote:

Please can you help me identify these two plants.

Two pictures of the first one at these links:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27556987@N00/169032400/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2755698...7594093547113/

Centaurea

... and one picture of the second at this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2755698...7594093547113/

Some kind of Aster, perhaps?

Many thanks!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Jane 19-06-2006 04:35 PM

Plant identification

"Small Red Robin" ...
Please can you help me identify these two plants.

This first one is centaurea montana.

Jane 19-06-2006 04:45 PM

Plant identification

"Small Red Robin" wrote ...
Please can you help me identify these two plants.

The second one is meadowrue
http://www.crocus.co.uk/search/pl/?C...&Categor yID=

Jane 19-06-2006 04:47 PM

Plant identification

"Small Red Robin" wrote ...
Please can you help me identify these two plants.

A leucanthemum of some sort, or possibly this?
http://www.crocus.co.uk/findplant/se...&Categor yID=

Small Red Robin 19-06-2006 04:47 PM

Plant identification

Thanks everyone. Regarding the Centaurea montana ... is this a
thistle? Or is it also known as a field cornflower?

I'll take better pictures of the yellow daisy-like one and post another
link later.

Thanks.

"Small Red Robin" wrote ...

Jane 19-06-2006 04:48 PM

Plant identification

"Small Red Robin" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks everyone. Regarding the Centaurea montana ... is this a
thistle? Or is it also known as a field cornflower?

No, it's not a thistle. Info he
http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/p....asp?code=H570

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 19-06-2006 05:07 PM

Plant identification

"Jane" wrote in message
"Small Red Robin" wrote ...
Please can you help me identify these two plants.

A leucanthemum of some sort, or possibly this?
http://www.crocus.co.uk/findplant/se...&Categor yID=

I am still waiting for a full frontal:-)
Don't think it's a Ligularia -leaves are not right for that are they?
Thought it might be a form of anthemis but again leaves do not look
correct-perhaps some form of helianthus

Small Red Robin 19-06-2006 05:29 PM

Plant identification

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Jane" wrote in message
"Small Red Robin" wrote ...
Please can you help me identify these two plants.

A leucanthemum of some sort, or possibly this?
http://www.crocus.co.uk/findplant/se...&Categor yID=

I am still waiting for a full frontal:-)
Don't think it's a Ligularia -leaves are not right for that are they?
Thought it might be a form of anthemis but again leaves do not look
correct-perhaps some form of helianthus

Have just posted up two frontal views at these links:

Sue 19-06-2006 10:11 PM

Plant identification

the yellow one looks like a doronicum

SueW.

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

"Small Red Robin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Small Red Robin" wrote ...

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 19-06-2006 10:18 PM

Plant identification

"Sue" wrote in message
the yellow one looks like a doronicum

snip

Yes it does but again the leaves do not look right. Doronicum has big floppy
leaves that always look like they are on the way out.