GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black Bamboo Indoor? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146782-black-bamboo-indoor.html)

gtb 20-06-2006 03:58 PM

Black Bamboo Indoor?

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if black bamboo (Phyllostachys Nigra) is suitable
for planting (in a container) indoor? If not, which bamboo variety is best?

Thanks in advance!

[email protected] 20-06-2006 04:20 PM

Black Bamboo Indoor?

gtb wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if black bamboo (Phyllostachys Nigra) is suitable
for planting (in a container) indoor? If not, which bamboo variety is best?

Thanks in advance!

Suggest not, it needs the space to grow the 15 to 20 feet it will
reach. Suggest you go to a garden centre and look at the many small
growing bamboos.

Mike

JennyC 20-06-2006 04:51 PM

Black Bamboo Indoor?

"gtb" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me if black bamboo (Phyllostachys Nigra) is
suitable
for planting (in a container) indoor? If not, which bamboo variety is
best?
Thanks in advance!

http://www.americanbamboo.org/Genera...ooIndoors.html

Jenny "~)