GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   50:1 fuelled petrol strimmer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146888-50-1-fuelled-petrol-strimmer.html)

JRS 22-06-2006 09:34 AM

50:1 fuelled petrol strimmer

I have other tools that use 50:1 and don't want different fuel cans / mixes.
anyone know of any petrol strimmers that use this ratio?

thanks

Jon

[email protected] 22-06-2006 03:42 PM

50:1 fuelled petrol strimmer

hzatph wrote:
Try Stihl
"JRS" wrote in message
I have other tools that use 50:1 and don't want different fuel cans /
mixes. anyone know of any petrol strimmers that use this ratio?

thanks

There's nothing particularly magic about any particular ratio, the
variations between 20:1 and 50:1 just reflect differences in the
quality of the recommended 2-stroke oil and, maybe, some differences
in the motors. Just decide on a compromise ratio (say 25:1) and use
that for all your 2-strokes, they'll be fine.

--
Chris Green

Bob Hobden 22-06-2006 04:17 PM

50:1 fuelled petrol strimmer

"JRS" wrote
I have other tools that use 50:1 and don't want different fuel cans /
mixes. anyone know of any petrol strimmers that use this ratio?

Husqvarna.. http://www.husqvarna.co.uk/
I have had one of their cheaper strimmers for years, it's done sterling
service and I would buy another if I ever need to.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Rod Craddock 22-06-2006 05:41 PM

"JRS" wrote in message
I have other tools that use 50:1 and don't want different fuel cans /
mixes. anyone know of any petrol strimmers that use this ratio?

Most modern ones - *if* you use high quality oil designed for 50:1.
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.