GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   House Plant Identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/146924-house-plant-identification.html)

Jimoid 23-06-2006 08:46 AM

House Plant Identification

I have several house plants and know what many of them are called.
However some of them I haven't got clue what they are, and more to the
point I don't know what conditions are best for them.

I have put photos of them all on my blog - would someone be able to
identify them for me please?

http://jimoid.blogspot.com/

Many thanks

Philippe Gautier 23-06-2006 09:40 AM

Jimoid wrote:
I have several house plants and know what many of them are called.
However some of them I haven't got clue what they are, and more to the
point I don't know what conditions are best for them.

I have put photos of them all on my blog - would someone be able to
identify them for me please?

http://jimoid.blogspot.com/

Many thanks

Hi, here is what I've got:

1: Chamaedorea elegans (the palm tree)
Cordyline terminalis (the red plant)
hedera helix (Ivy)

2: Ficus elastica (? although not sure because of the damage)

3: a miniature rose

4: Ficus benjamina

5: Spatiphyllum wallissii (but have the feeling it may have an
alternative name (didn't find a lot of info oin the web)

6: Dracaena sanderiana (lucky bamboo)
some bromeliad species

7: don't remeber!

8: Crassula ovata

9: Dracaena marginata

10: Sansevieria trifasciata

Good luck

Jimoid 23-06-2006 09:55 AM

House Plant Identification

That's fantastic Philippe! Thanks for your help. I'll go away and find
out more about these plants now.

Can people suggest good websites for information on plants i.e. which
parts of the world they are found in the wild, favoured conditions
etc.?

Again, many thanks