GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pyrocanthus not flowering (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147016-pyrocanthus-not-flowering.html)

G.Knott 25-06-2006 02:28 PM

pyrocanthus not flowering

My yellow 3 year old pyro flowrered last year but not this. Red and orange
have never flowered. Any suggestions why would be appreciated.

Mary Fisher 25-06-2006 04:58 PM

pyrocanthus not flowering

"G.Knott" wrote in message
My yellow 3 year old pyro flowrered last year but not this. Red and orange
have never flowered. Any suggestions why would be appreciated.

Our red and our orange have only just begun flowering, I think they're late
this year. The yellow is in bud.

Mary

Pam Moore 25-06-2006 06:49 PM

pyrocanthus not flowering

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:58:22 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"G.Knott" wrote in message
My yellow 3 year old pyro flowrered last year but not this. Red and orange
have never flowered. Any suggestions why would be appreciated.

Our red and our orange have only just begun flowering, I think they're late
this year. The yellow is in bud.

It depends where you are. The pyracantha in my neighbour's garden has
finished flowering.

Pam in Bristol

K 25-06-2006 09:51 PM

pyrocanthus not flowering

G.Knott writes
My yellow 3 year old pyro flowrered last year but not this. Red and orange
have never flowered. Any suggestions why would be appreciated.

Heavy pruning? They flower on second year and older wood.

--
Kay