GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   grass against a north facing wall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147017-grass-against-north-facing-wall.html)

NC 25-06-2006 02:46 PM

grass against a north facing wall

We had some turf laid in the garden of our new build about 6 months ago.
Most of it has taken well. However, for about a 3 feet in width along
the length of a north facing wall that we border, the grass is very
thin. When its cut, there is quite a bit of mud, and the grass that is
there is patchy. I would like to sow some additional seed to try and
bolset the turf. What type of grass seed should I go for, and any tips
on sowing ?? (when to do it, quantities, watering etc etc)

Mike Lyle 25-06-2006 10:24 PM

Who? wrote:
"NC" wrote in message ...
We had some turf laid in the garden of our new build about 6 months ago.
Most of it has taken well. However, for about a 3 feet in width along the
length of a north facing wall that we border, the grass is very thin. When
its cut, there is quite a bit of mud, and the grass that is there is
patchy. I would like to sow some additional seed to try and bolset the
turf. What type of grass seed should I go for, and any tips on sowing ??
(when to do it, quantities, watering etc etc)

Sounds like a drainage problem or lack of enough air.

[...]

Or simply the effect of shade, perhaps. The garden centre or DIY shed
will have grass seed blends designed for shade, and there should be
good instructions on the packet.

--
Mike.