GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snails & their eggs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147126-snails-their-eggs.html)

Jo 27-06-2006 09:33 PM

Snails & their eggs

Having by coincidence read a thread the other day about 'white round things'
in the garden I suddenly, to my dismay, discover a number of snails on my
rockery today. The first I tried to pick up...it was stuck fast, then when
it did come away, I noticed a deep hole underneath filled with eggs! I felt
rotten, but removed the snail (and its eggs). Then my daughter discovered
another 2 snails on the rockery...stuck fast! Picking them off, we luckily
discovered no eggs...they were obviousy in the process of being about to
produce!
I feel absolutely awful about removing them whilst in such a delicate
situation, but snails are snails and what are snails have to be removed, I'm
afraid! (I don't kill them, I hasten to add...they get popped into my garden
bin where there is lots of nice food for them!).
Am I absolutely awful???

Nick Maclaren 27-06-2006 10:01 PM

Snails & their eggs

In article ,
"Jo" writes:

| I feel absolutely awful about removing them whilst in such a delicate
| situation, but snails are snails and what are snails have to be removed, I'm
| afraid! (I don't kill them, I hasten to add...they get popped into my garden
| bin where there is lots of nice food for them!).
| Am I absolutely awful???

Yes, you should eat them - petit gris are a delicay in France!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.