GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   too late to grow fruit or veg (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147208-re-too-late-grow-fruit-veg.html)

cineman 30-06-2006 12:13 AM

too late to grow fruit or veg

You could try Kohl Rabi this vegetable is versatile, it must be picked when
about the size of a tennis ball or it will get woody.
here are some recipes for it.
http://www.growingwithgrace.co.uk/recipes9.htm
or more details
http://www.wildyorkshire.co.uk/natur...2005/6/26.html
there are more suggestions on here on what to use kohl rabi for
http://www.chriscoates.com/Coates/fr...ories/KohlRabi

regards
Cineman

Tim C. 30-06-2006 07:26 AM

too late to grow fruit or veg

Following up to "cineman" :

You could try Kohl Rabi this vegetable is versatile, it must be picked when
about the size of a tennis ball or it will get woody.
here are some recipes for it.
http://www.growingwithgrace.co.uk/recipes9.htm
or more details
http://www.wildyorkshire.co.uk/natur...2005/6/26.html
there are more suggestions on here on what to use kohl rabi for
http://www.chriscoates.com/Coates/fr...ories/KohlRabi

Or just peel it and eat it raw, like we do. It's like the inside of
cabbage-stems.
--
Tim C.

JennyC 01-07-2006 07:00 AM

too late to grow fruit or veg

"Tim C." wrote in message
Following up to "cineman" :

You could try Kohl Rabi this vegetable is versatile, it must be picked
when
about the size of a tennis ball or it will get woody.
here are some recipes for it.
http://www.growingwithgrace.co.uk/recipes9.htm
or more details
http://www.wildyorkshire.co.uk/natur...2005/6/26.html
there are more suggestions on here on what to use kohl rabi for
http://www.chriscoates.com/Coates/fr...ories/KohlRabi

Or just peel it and eat it raw, like we do. It's like the inside of
cabbage-stems.
Tim C.

Raw as a salad:

Cabbage Kohl Rabi and Caraway Salad
2 Kohl Rabi peeled and grated

1/2 cabbage chopped

1 tbs. caraway

4 tbs. fresh lemon juice

2 tbs. olive oil

1/2 tsp. salt

Place the cabbage and kohl rabi in a bowl.

Pour over lemon juice and olive oil, add salt. Mix well

Sprinkle with caraway and serve.

Jenny