GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plany nursery (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147252-plany-nursery.html)

kt 01-07-2006 12:54 PM

Plany nursery

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good plant nursery around the Whitchurch area,
I'm looking to buy in bulk and don't want to pay over the odds...

Many thanks for any replies

Kate

kt 01-07-2006 02:04 PM

Plany nursery

Sena wrote:
said...
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good plant nursery around the Whitchurch area,
I'm looking to buy in bulk and don't want to pay over the odds...

Many thanks for any replies

There's a Whitchurch in Cardiff, there's one near Andover, there's one
in... where's yours?

--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.

Hi Sena

Sorry, mind was on the garden. It's in Shropshire not far from
Shrewsbury

Thanks

Broadback 01-07-2006 02:27 PM

Plany nursery

kt wrote:
Sena wrote:
said...
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good plant nursery around the Whitchurch area,
I'm looking to buy in bulk and don't want to pay over the odds...

Many thanks for any replies

There's a Whitchurch in Cardiff, there's one near Andover, there's one
in... where's yours?

--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates.

Hi Sena

Sorry, mind was on the garden. It's in Shropshire not far from
Shrewsbury

Thanks

How about just outside Eccleshall on the road to Newport? The largest,
of course, is Bridgemere, also Trentham gardens now have a good
selection, but maybe you want one nearer.

Sena 01-07-2006 03:11 PM

Plany nursery

said...

Sena wrote:
said...
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good plant nursery around the Whitchurch area,
I'm looking to buy in bulk and don't want to pay over the odds...

Many thanks for any replies

There's a Whitchurch in Cardiff, there's one near Andover, there's one
in... where's yours?

Hi Sena

Sorry, mind was on the garden. It's in Shropshire not far from
Shrewsbury

Ah yes, there's one there as well. I won't bother you with details of
nurseries in the Cardiff area then.

cineman 02-07-2006 09:03 AM

Plany nursery

Plenty of garden centres around Shrewsbury, I believe 1 just oiff the A5 as
you enter Shrewsbury ring road, also what was Percy throwers garden centre
http://www.shropshiretourism.info/at....cfm?EstID=476

http://www.dobbies.com/centres/welco...tre=shrewsbury

http://www.city-visitor.com/shrewsbu...encentres.html ( need to scroll
down a bit)

plenty of choice there
regards
Cineman

oups.com...

cineman 02-07-2006 09:05 AM

Plany nursery

just found another one
heathwood nurseries
the meadows
whitchurch

cineman 02-07-2006 09:06 AM

Plany nursery

http://www.upmystreet.com/UK/findmyn...MTYgbWlsZXM%3D

http://www.upmystreet.com/UK

tom&barbara 02-07-2006 10:17 AM

Plany nursery

kt wrote:
Sena wrote:
said...

Hi Sena

Sorry, mind was on the garden. It's in Shropshire not far from
Shrewsbury

Thanks

Hi Kate,

I am only 7 miles from you. I always go to Bridgemere, it is more
expensive but the stuff is always good quality. I made the mistake of
ordering online (not from Bridgemere) a while back which turned out
pretty disastrous and I should have complained but didn't due to the
fact that I had planted out and it was too late. e.g. I ordered a pink
geranium and a blue one, they sent me two pinks ones which wasn't
apparent until they flowered! Now it was alot cheaper and the plants
were good and are growing well but like I say they can do you over
colours etc. The other place is Stapely Water Gardens which is a bit
cheaper but they don't carry as much stock. Hope you have some luck.

regards
Gail

kt 02-07-2006 05:55 PM

Plany nursery