GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Storing Manure (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147356-storing-manure.html)

Jane 04-07-2006 11:41 AM

Storing Manure

I'm getting a load of fresh manure for my allotment, but the manure will
have to be stored for a few months. How is it best to store? Should it
simply be left as an uncovered heap, or can it be put into a big plastic
dalek compost bin?

Thanks.

OhNo 04-07-2006 11:45 AM

Storing Manure

"Jane" wrote in message
I'm getting a load of fresh manure for my allotment, but the manure will
have to be stored for a few months. How is it best to store? Should it
simply be left as an uncovered heap, or can it be put into a big plastic
dalek compost bin?

Thanks.

in the bowels of the earth.............

George.com 04-07-2006 12:13 PM

Storing Manure

"Jane" wrote in message
I'm getting a load of fresh manure for my allotment, but the manure will
have to be stored for a few months. How is it best to store? Should it
simply be left as an uncovered heap, or can it be put into a big plastic
dalek compost bin?

Thanks.

I do both, the worms don't mind which.

rob

Broadback 04-07-2006 12:58 PM

Storing Manure

George.com wrote:
"Jane" wrote in message
I'm getting a load of fresh manure for my allotment, but the manure will
have to be stored for a few months. How is it best to store? Should it
simply be left as an uncovered heap, or can it be put into a big plastic
dalek compost bin?

Thanks.

I do both, the worms don't mind which.

rob

Wherever you store it it is preferable to cover as the rain will wash
goodness away, oh my goodness yes.