Old 13-04-2003, 11:20 AM
William Tasso

Default Watching paint dry

Hello

So we didn't get the April showers (yet), just about one day when it rained
so far - and that was a pretty poor effort. We've had a few howling gales
and even snow, but no rain - so the evening water ritual is once again a
necessary chore.

Is it worth the effort?

Not sure, but at last, after 13 days the lawn seed is germinating - yippee
;o) You have to look close but it's definitely on its way. As of this
morning there now thousands of blades about 5-10 mm high. Watching paint
dry would have been less agonising ;o)

----

We have one of those fairly cheap arches that was littering the garden with
not much to do , so now it's sat against a fence covered in willow lattice.
Just planted sweet peas at the base for this year. Will think on something
more permanent for it, but in the meantime I've realised it makes an
splendid frame for some sort of tromp loeil effect. I wonder what material
to use - I considered a mirror but the location is not ideal for the
effect - so I thought some 'disappearing horizon' or 'secret garden' type of
painting, but I'm a bit stuck on what to use for weatherproof materials.

-----

What's happened to the slugs and snails this year? I don't miss them - of
course, but where have they gone? We've only found a few and there's no
evidence of the wholesale napalm effect of previous years. Can recent
campaigns have really been so effective? I doubt it.

-----

It's (yet) another glorious Sunday, so I'm off outside again - bye.

--
William Tasso

Old 13-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Natalie

snip

What's happened to the slugs and snails this year? I don't miss them -

of
course, but where have they gone? We've only found a few and there's no
evidence of the wholesale napalm effect of previous years. Can recent
campaigns have really been so effective? I doubt it.

Your first para answers this. It's been so dry and we've seen none here

but
just wait for a bit of rain. It's drizzling here, so I'll be keeping a

look
out tonight!
snip
--

I've been having a good clearout in the garden today and have come across a
couple of baby slugs and a few snails. There has also been evidence of

No doubt as soon as we get any rain they'll be back in larger numbers :-(

Natalie

Old 13-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Chris Lee

We had an extremely sudden and very cold snap last winter.

Perhaps they all got caught with their pants down, so to speak.

Regards

"Natalie" a écrit dans le message de news:
snip

[...]

Watching nutrient levels I3 I L L Freshwater Aquaria Plants 28 05-03-2005 02:22 AM
Ever dream of watching ... The Doormouse Orchids 0 28-06-2004 04:04 AM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
I'm watching my cactus giving birth madgardener Gardening 5 17-08-2003 02:42 PM
Owl watching [email protected] North Carolina 12 16-06-2003 06:06 PM