Old 13-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Paul Hutchings

Default Replacement Pond Pump?

Any suggestions for online sources of cheap pond pumps?

Our Hozelock 1400LV has blown, we suspect it's the transformer but they
don't appear to be available as a spare so it looks like it's a new pump.

I've seen the 1500LV at TLC Online for around £39+vat, not sure if there
are other known sources that are reasonable priced - I seem to recall the
last one cost around £70 at the local fish place..

regards
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old 13-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Paul
Hutchings writes
Any suggestions for online sources of cheap pond pumps?

Our Hozelock 1400LV has blown, we suspect it's the transformer but they
don't appear to be available as a spare so it looks like it's a new pump.

I've seen the 1500LV at TLC Online for around £39+vat, not sure if there
are other known sources that are reasonable priced - I seem to recall the
last one cost around £70 at the local fish place..

Yes - I'm interested in this too - any recommended source for pumps
which have a reasonably long life? Ours tend to give up the ghost after
about 3 years.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 13-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Kay wrote in message after Paul

Any suggestions for online sources of cheap pond pumps?

Yes - I'm interested in this too - any recommended source for pumps
which have a reasonably long life? Ours tend to give up the ghost after
about 3 years.
--

Assuming you both want submersible pumps, one of the best manufacturers of
pond pumps is Oase who do a complete range (price and litres per hr)

www.oase-pumpen.com/uk/index.php?sid=901283 but there are other models in
their extensive ( or should that be expensive?) range. :-)

Blagden pumps are also OK.

None of the submersible pumps seem to last too long probably due to the
detritus they have to pump on occasion, which is why I use a Central Heating
pump, after a filter, which last years (last one did 15 years on 24/7 !!).
But they must be below the water surface (won't suck) and kept dry i.e.
outside the pond in a sump.

On-line sellers, there are many, but the following ones I've heard good
reports of and they have been around for a while.

www.aquatics-direct.co.uk/
www.bradshawsdirect.co.uk/

there are lots of others if you do a search but make sure you get the
correct flow rate for your situation.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 13-04-2003, 06:57 PM
JimM

I haven't looked to check on specific prices but I've always found
www.aquatics-online.co.uk to be reasonably priced and very reliable service.

HTH

Jim

--
Remove BRAIN before replying

Old 13-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Paul Hutchings

"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

None of the submersible pumps seem to last too long probably due to
the detritus they have to pump on occasion, which is why I use a
Central Heating pump, after a filter, which last years (last one did
15 years on 24/7 !!). But they must be below the water surface (won't
suck) and kept dry i.e. outside the pond in a sump.

Just discovered Hozelocks appear to have a three year warranty - maybe it
won't come to a new pump...

regards
Paul
paul at spamcop.net

Old 14-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Simon Avery

Paul Hutchings wrote:

Hello Paul

PH Any suggestions for online sources of cheap pond pumps?
PH Our Hozelock 1400LV has blown, we suspect it's the
PH transformer but they don't appear to be available as a spare
PH so it looks like it's a new pump.

PH I've seen the 1500LV at TLC Online for around £39+vat, not
PH sure if there are other known sources that are reasonable
PH priced - I seem to recall the last one cost around £70 at
PH the local fish place..

www.screwfix.com have a well priced clean water pump for about 45ukp.
Been running my system here nicely for several months so far but may
be too high a flow for some.