GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Early autumn.....? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147699-re-early-autumn.html)

Bob Hobden 14-07-2006 04:02 PM

Early autumn.....?

"Sacha" wrote
I have no real idea why I feel this but I get the idea we're in for an
early
onset to autumn. Here and there in very scattered localities I've noticed
the small beginnings of a change in the colour of leaves on trees, really
tiny but just enough to make me wonder. Anyone else?

Around here it's the lack of rain making trees etc shed leaves. Planted out
some more lettuce yesterday and the ground is bone dry, no sign of the
slightest moisture. Every plant is under stress for the same reason so
nothing looks at it's luxuriant best.
Watering cans keep stuff alive but there is no substitute for a good steady
downpour. I have a good idea now what it's like to garden in a desert.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden