Old 16-07-2006, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

Default elephant garlic

"dirt dibbler" wrote in message
oups.com...
: I've lifted a few large bulbs of elephant garlic & they look very good.
:
: In addition to the large head, there are tiny bulbs attached to the
: root system (approx. six per bulb), can anyone advise what to do with
: these? I'm assuming they can be grown on in some way, but do they give
: a single big clove next year or another head in a couple of years?
:
: Also what is the best way to store a few of the large cloves for
: planting this autumn? in addition to buying in some new stock as
: normal.
:
: Thanks
: DD
The large cloves do not seem to need much special care at the moment. I left
a huge pile out in the open and distributed around the site as people wanted
them. Even the ones left out weathering have had no adverse effect. The
small bulbs if left will quickly grow into larger ones and you can end up
with a herd of elephant garlic very quickly. Not sure of the exact timescale
as I was not that bothered about them until they got in the way

Elephant garlic - 3 questions George.com Gardening 0 11-05-2007 11:17 AM
Horse manure over asparagus and elephant garlic James Edible Gardening 1 28-12-2006 12:08 AM
Elephant garlic. sam United Kingdom 2 05-09-2006 01:15 PM
elephant ears without the elephant Litl Fish Australia 5 15-06-2003 03:08 AM
elephant ears without the elephant Litl Fish Australia 0 27-05-2003 08:32 AM