GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wilting hydrangea flowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/147747-wilting-hydrangea-flowers.html)

Dave Farrance 16-07-2006 02:03 PM

Wilting hydrangea flowers

The flowers on my hydrangea are wilting alarmingly now that the sun's
overhead. I gave it 4 watering cans this morning too. They'll perk up
again this evening, but I think that they're bleaching a bit. Is this
normal or should I be giving it some sort of feed?

--
Dave Farrance

Nick Maclaren 16-07-2006 02:26 PM

Wilting hydrangea flowers

In article ,
Dave Farrance writes:

| The flowers on my hydrangea are wilting alarmingly now that the sun's
| overhead. I gave it 4 watering cans this morning too. They'll perk up
| again this evening, but I think that they're bleaching a bit. Is this
| normal or should I be giving it some sort of feed?

It's normal. DON'T feed plants that are stressed for water.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Dave Farrance 16-07-2006 03:06 PM

Wilting hydrangea flowers

(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Dave Farrance writes:

| The flowers on my hydrangea are wilting alarmingly now that the sun's
| overhead. I gave it 4 watering cans this morning too. They'll perk up
| again this evening, but I think that they're bleaching a bit. Is this
| normal or should I be giving it some sort of feed?

It's normal. DON'T feed plants that are stressed for water.

OK. Thanks.

--
Dave Farrance