GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Begonia rex 'Olympica' - l'escargot (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/14784-begonia-rex-olympica-lescargot.html)

SusieThompson 13-04-2003 03:20 PM

Begonia rex 'Olympica' - l'escargot

I've had one of these begonias for several years. Over the course of
the move up here to Arran it has suffered from a bit too much cold this
last winter, while we've been living in a rather chilly, north-east
facing let.

At the moment it's down to it's last leaf, and I don't know how to bring
it back to life. I've re-potted it, checked for any vine weevil, and as
far as I can see there isn't any sign of the little blighters.

Is there anything that I can do? Or do I have to resign myself to its
sad demise? If it does die off completely, does anybody know of a
supplier? As it's called 'l'escargot', the plant has been affectionately
known as Brian for the years that we've had it, and home wouldn't be the
same without one. Thanks.
--
Susie Thompson
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to