GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   berberis cuttings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/14785-berberis-cuttings.html)

Roy 13-04-2003 03:32 PM

berberis cuttings

Hi all
I have a beautiful berberis darwinii that I would like to propagate...any
advice on how and when very welcome.
Regards
Roy

www.asmallwildlifegarden.co.uk

Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson 13-04-2003 07:44 PM

berberis cuttings

The message
from "Roy" contains these words:

Hi all
I have a beautiful berberis darwinii that I would like to propagate...any
advice on how and when very welcome.
Regards
Roy

www.asmallwildlifegarden.co.uk

You can sow the seed in autumn or early winter.

They are fairly slow. I sowed some seed in late 1997 and the plants are
just flowering size now. Easy to look after though: they cope with a
fair amount of neglect.

Janet G

Ophelia 13-04-2003 07:56 PM

berberis cuttings

"Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson" wrote in
message You can sow the seed in autumn or early winter.

They are fairly slow. I sowed some seed in late 1997 and the plants are
just flowering size now. Easy to look after though: they cope with a
fair amount of neglect.

Must one sew seed? Is it possible to take cuttings?

Ophelia

david 14-04-2003 01:20 AM

berberis cuttings

I would usually take cuttings early Autumn

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Ophelia 14-04-2003 08:44 AM

berberis cuttings

"david" wrote in message
I would usually take cuttings early Autumn

Thanks David.. any special treatment? Do they need protection .. ie cold
frame?