GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Why do my sunflowers wilt after watering? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148086-why-do-my-sunflowers-wilt-after-watering.html)

[email protected] 25-07-2006 10:20 PM

Why do my sunflowers wilt after watering?

Most evenings I give my sunflowers a good dousing with a watering can &
sometimes a drenching with a bucket. About an hour after watering the
leaves seem to wilt - but then perk up later.

Of course it might just be that I need to get to them earlier - but I
was wondering if it's anything to do with the watering that's making
them wilt? And also if it might be doing them any harm?

Regards,

Michael

Emrys Davies 25-07-2006 11:14 PM

Why do my sunflowers wilt after watering?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Most evenings I give my sunflowers a good dousing with a watering can

&
sometimes a drenching with a bucket. About an hour after watering the
leaves seem to wilt - but then perk up later.

Of course it might just be that I need to get to them earlier - but I
was wondering if it's anything to do with the watering that's making
them wilt? And also if it might be doing them any harm?

Regards,

Michael

Just testing because a message I left for you failed. It was the Leaf
Gall suggestion.

Emrys Davies 25-07-2006 11:19 PM

Why do my sunflowers wilt after watering?

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
Most evenings I give my sunflowers a good dousing with a watering

can
&
sometimes a drenching with a bucket. About an hour after watering

the
leaves seem to wilt - but then perk up later.

Of course it might just be that I need to get to them earlier - but

was wondering if it's anything to do with the watering that's making
them wilt? And also if it might be doing them any harm?

Regards,

Michael

Just testing because a message I left for you failed. It was the Leaf
Gall suggestion.

Michael,

Ignore my contribution. Sorry.