GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   RAIN! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148281-rain.html)

[email protected] 31-07-2006 08:38 PM

RAIN!

Lincolnshire, Monday evening. We had a splash of rain friday night,
and this evening, after I had watered the plants, a few spots started
to fall. It turned to gentle, steady, rain which has been going on for
about 3 hours now.

Nice.

Space[_1_] 31-07-2006 09:08 PM

RAIN!

Rob

did you work in Liverpool lately?

I know a Rob Harvey from Lincolnshire

oups.com...

Kate Morgan 31-07-2006 09:38 PM

RAIN!

Lincolnshire, Monday evening. We had a splash of rain friday night,
and this evening, after I had watered the plants, a few spots started
to fall. It turned to gentle, steady, rain which has been going on for
about 3 hours now.

Nice.

same here in Gloucestershire, lovely stuff :-)

Mary Fisher 31-07-2006 09:48 PM

RAIN!

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

Lincolnshire, Monday evening. We had a splash of rain friday night,
and this evening, after I had watered the plants, a few spots started
to fall. It turned to gentle, steady, rain which has been going on for
about 3 hours now.

Nice.

same here in Gloucestershire, lovely stuff :-)

We had a bit for a short time but not enough to make a significant
difference to anything. Mostly the roof water evaporated, using the heat
from the tiles. But it's been cool so that was nice.

Mary

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 31-07-2006 10:01 PM

RAIN!

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

Lincolnshire, Monday evening. We had a splash of rain friday night,
and this evening, after I had watered the plants, a few spots started
to fall. It turned to gentle, steady, rain which has been going on for
about 3 hours now.

Nice.

same here in Gloucestershire, lovely stuff :-)

We had a bit for a short time but not enough to make a significant
difference to anything. Mostly the roof water evaporated, using the heat
from the tiles. But it's been cool so that was nice.

Mary

Exactly the same weather here but even a few miles away they have had much
more rain.
The last semi decent rain was two weeks ago on a Sunday night, just as we
were starting to eat outside. Much thunder and lightning but not very much
rain.

K 31-07-2006 10:21 PM

RAIN!

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

Exactly the same weather here but even a few miles away they have had much
more rain.
The last semi decent rain was two weeks ago on a Sunday night, just as we
were starting to eat outside. Much thunder and lightning but not very much
rain.

Heavy rain here, I'm told. Haven't had any real rain for weeks - not
even when all around were having thunder.

Reservoirs still full, though :-)
--
Kay

Mary Fisher 31-07-2006 10:22 PM

RAIN!

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

We had a bit for a short time but not enough to make a significant
difference to anything. Mostly the roof water evaporated, using the heat
from the tiles. But it's been cool so that was nice.

Mary

In Leeds.

Exactly the same weather here but even a few miles away they have had much
more rain.
The last semi decent rain was two weeks ago on a Sunday night, just as we
were starting to eat outside. Much thunder and lightning but not very much
rain.

We had that at the beginning of the month but nothing since. On Friday a son
was driving home from Huddersfield but said he was on the edge of the rain
belt all the way so never got wet. Today is the first day we've eaten
indoors for weeks and that only because it was a bit cold.

Mary

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 31-07-2006 10:47 PM

RAIN!

"K" wrote in message
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

Exactly the same weather here but even a few miles away they have had much
more rain.
The last semi decent rain was two weeks ago on a Sunday night, just as we
were starting to eat outside. Much thunder and lightning but not very much
rain.

Heavy rain here, I'm told. Haven't had any real rain for weeks - not even
when all around were having thunder.

Reservoirs still full, though :-)
--
Kay

God bless Yorkshire Water and the 1995/6 water fiasco:-)

Mike in Spain[_1_] 01-08-2006 07:33 AM

RAIN!

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"K" wrote in message
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

Exactly the same weather here but even a few miles away they have had much
more rain.
The last semi decent rain was two weeks ago on a Sunday night, just as we
were starting to eat outside. Much thunder and lightning but not very much
rain.

Heavy rain here, I'm told. Haven't had any real rain for weeks - not even
when all around were having thunder.

Reservoirs still full, though :-)
--
Kay

God bless Yorkshire Water and the 1995/6 water fiasco:-)

Rain, what's that, haven't seen any here since May, good job the water
companies rely on desalination plants. Every time a se a weather
forecast that says cloudy, or even rain, I never believe it, it just
turns out sunny and hot again. BBC say today will be cloudy, but
there's not a cloud in the blue sky.

Mike

Mike 01-08-2006 07:47 AM

RAIN!

"Mike in Spain" wrote in message
oups.com...

Rain, what's that, haven't seen any here since May, good job the water
companies rely on desalination plants. Every time a se a weather
forecast that says cloudy, or even rain, I never believe it, it just
turns out sunny and hot again. BBC say today will be cloudy, but
there's not a cloud in the blue sky.

Mike

You don't live on the plains then? ;-)

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk

[email protected] 01-08-2006 08:08 AM

RAIN!

Space wrote:
did you work in Liverpool lately?
I know a Rob Harvey from Lincolnshire

Not for about 4 years. I'm known as "Bob" colloquially, and my visits
to Liverpool were all on board the survey ship "Pacific Horizon" or
"Simon Labrador"

Linz 01-08-2006 12:51 PM

RAIN!

K wrote:
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

Exactly the same weather here but even a few miles away they have
had much more rain.
The last semi decent rain was two weeks ago on a Sunday night, just
as we were starting to eat outside. Much thunder and lightning but
not very much rain.

Heavy rain here, I'm told. Haven't had any real rain for weeks - not
even when all around were having thunder.

Heavy enough rain in the Todmorden area to refill the waterbutt and ensure
the raised beds and plant pots are wet rather than mildly damp.

Not heavy enough to flatten all the plants that managed to live through the
storms at the beginning of the month, thank goodness.

(This is my delurk post!)

Mary Fisher 01-08-2006 01:30 PM

RAIN!

"Linz" wrote in message
K wrote:
"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

Exactly the same weather here but even a few miles away they have
had much more rain.
The last semi decent rain was two weeks ago on a Sunday night, just
as we were starting to eat outside. Much thunder and lightning but
not very much rain.

Heavy rain here, I'm told. Haven't had any real rain for weeks - not
even when all around were having thunder.

Heavy enough rain in the Todmorden area to refill the waterbutt and ensure
the raised beds and plant pots are wet rather than mildly damp.

Not heavy enough to flatten all the plants that managed to live through
the storms at the beginning of the month, thank goodness.

(This is my delurk post!)

Oddly the plants here haven't been been flattened but the soil is mud.

And we all knew you were there!

Mary

Linz 01-08-2006 03:54 PM

RAIN!

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Linz" wrote in message

Heavy enough rain in the Todmorden area to refill the waterbutt and
ensure the raised beds and plant pots are wet rather than mildly
damp. Not heavy enough to flatten all the plants that managed to live
through the storms at the beginning of the month, thank goodness.

(This is my delurk post!)

Oddly the plants here haven't been been flattened but the soil is mud.

And we all knew you were there!

Argh! Time to dig out my tin-foil hat and stop you spying on me with your
rays!

Space[_1_] 01-08-2006 04:22 PM

RAIN!

wrote in message
ups.com...
Space wrote:
did you work in Liverpool lately?
I know a Rob Harvey from Lincolnshire

Not for about 4 years. I'm known as "Bob" colloquially, and my visits
to Liverpool were all on board the survey ship "Pacific Horizon" or
"Simon Labrador"

i thought it was a long shot,

hello Bob