GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Long Reach Hedge Trimmer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148295-long-reach-hedge-trimmer.html)

steveK 01-08-2006 09:36 AM

Long Reach Hedge Trimmer

Hi people,

I'm looking to buy a long-reach hedge trimmer to avoid having to balance on
a ladder...!!!!???

Can anyone recommend a relatively expensive one the does the job well.

Also any information about where I can buy in online or in the shops would
be helpful.

Thanks

Steve K

Rick 01-08-2006 11:19 AM

Long Reach Hedge Trimmer

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:36:26 +0100, steveK wrote:

Hi people,

I'm looking to buy a long-reach hedge trimmer to avoid having to balance on
a ladder...!!!!???

Can anyone recommend a relatively expensive one the does the job well.

Also any information about where I can buy in online or in the shops would
be helpful.

Thanks

Steve K

I've got one of these
http://www.mowers-online.co.uk/itm00391.htm
They are good, BUT, they also get very heavy to use after a while as all the weight is at the end of
the pole.

If I could justify the cost I would now get one of those petrol models where the motor is at one end
and the cutter is at the other. I would think that they would be more balanced to use.

Rick... (The other Rick)

good-boy 01-08-2006 07:13 PM

Long Reach Hedge Trimmer

Checkout Stihl KM100R Combi and attachments. A bit pricing, but built
to last. Its what the councils use. Do not go for the KM55R unless you
have a small garden.

Having just scoured the UK for the cheapest prices, you cannot beat
http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk/prod...w%21&offset=60

Unless you go the USA, then you can buy vastly cheaper.

It looks like I bought the last KM100R thou.