GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to get rid of Curled Dock (Rumex Crispus) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148631-how-get-rid-curled-dock-rumex-crispus.html)

EagleEyes 11-08-2006 10:28 PM

How to get rid of Curled Dock (Rumex Crispus)

Hi,

I have my backyard jungle (garden-to-be) full of Curled Dock, what is
the best way to get rid of this thing? There is nothing planted there
at the moment, so I can use chemicals, but i was hoping to start
planting early next year...

Thanks.

PA

Robert[_3_] 12-08-2006 09:51 PM

How to get rid of Curled Dock (Rumex Crispus)

In message . com,
EagleEyes writes
Hi,

I have my backyard jungle (garden-to-be) full of Curled Dock, what is
the best way to get rid of this thing? There is nothing planted there
at the moment, so I can use chemicals, but i was hoping to start
planting early next year...

Not easy to get rid of unfortunately. The recommended herbicide is
Asulam, but IIRC this is not available for domestic use. I suggest that
you try glyphosate but it will undoubtedly require more than one
application.
--
Robert

mikehunter 03-01-2009 05:06 PM

If you have no other planting Glyphosate (trade name; Roundup) should be effective, but is likely to require more than one application. Asulam (trade name; Asulox) is specific for Rumex spp (ie docks) and bracken - some posts say that it is not available for amateur use, and the minimum order (from PitchCare.com) is £75+VAT.