GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS BUSH? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/14877-can-anyone-identify-bush.html)

Blue Soul 14-04-2003 07:20 AM

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS BUSH?

Thanks for all your responses so far, the bush can be seen at the
following url, then just click on my photos! I look forward to your

Kenny
http://photos.yahoo.com/bluesoul2000uk

(Blue Soul) wrote in message om...
Hi,

I have a bush in my garden which I'm trying to identify, I have a
digital picture of it which I can post so that you 'experts' can see
it.

Any idea where I can post it?

Thanks

Kenny

Pete The Gardener 14-04-2003 08:08 AM

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS BUSH?

On 13 Apr 2003 23:15:15 -0700, (Blue Soul)
wrote:

Thanks for all your responses so far, the bush can be seen at the
following url, then just click on my photos! I look forward to your

If the leaves are evergreen and slightly fleshy looking then it could
be some sort of Hebe. Any chance of a pic of the leaves?

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.

Sue 14-04-2003 11:56 AM

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS BUSH?

"Blue Soul" wrote
Thanks for all your responses so far, the bush can be seen at the
following url, then just click on my photos! I look forward to your

I think it looks like an Exochorda. A close-up of the flowers and leaves
would also help.

Sue

andyp 14-04-2003 02:44 PM

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS BUSH?

I've got a Spirea Bridal Veil, that looks very similar but I cannot quite
see the leaves in your picture.

Andy P

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates

Emrys Davies 14-04-2003 02:56 PM

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS BUSH?

'andyp',

I think that it is definitely 'Bridal Wreath Spirea' as shown on this
site: http://tinyurl.com/9hl1

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

CK 14-04-2003 11:08 PM

CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS BUSH?

No guesses, definitely 'Spiraea arguta', known as Bridal Wreath.
The habit and flowering time are right as well.
Chris

"Blue Soul" wrote in message
om...
| Thanks for all your responses so far, the bush can be seen at the
| following url, then just click on my photos! I look forward to your
|
| Kenny
| http://photos.yahoo.com/bluesoul2000uk

om...