GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pruning my wilow (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148823-pruning-my-wilow.html)

[email protected] 16-08-2006 08:32 PM

pruning my wilow

i have a small garden with llarge willow. I want to prune the big
fella but am unsure as to how severe i can go and what time of year to
do it in. any sugestions?

Brian[_2_] 16-08-2006 10:01 PM

pruning my wilow

wrote in message
ps.com...
i have a small garden with llarge willow. I want to prune the big
fella but am unsure as to how severe i can go and what time of year to
do it in. any sugestions?

If you want strong new growth then prune/cut back after leaf fall.
Cutting now will promote weaker growth. Try not to be too drastic..
Best Wishes Brian.