Old 18-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Registered User

Default Low Maintenance Front Garden

My front garden is very traditional - lawn with flower borders. I have lawns at the side and a big one at the back, so I am thinking of losing the front garden lawn and converting it to a simple low maintenance garden.

Can anyone suggest a book or a website that would help me? thanks.
Old 18-08-2006, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Smallgarden wrote:
My front garden is very traditional - lawn with flower borders. I have
lawns at the side and a big one at the back, so I am thinking of losing
the front garden lawn and converting it to a simple low maintenance
garden.

Can anyone suggest a book or a website that would help me? thanks.

bound to get replies that suggest ready-mix. How about either gravel or
wood chippings, I use builders gravel after a good rain it looks just as
good as expensive ones from garden centres, look up yellow pages for
tree surgeons, they will probably give you chipped wood for nowt. Then
plant between with perennials, nothing that grows too large, depending
on if it gets much sun. I love cistas myself, geraniums also.
Old 18-08-2006, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Smallgarden" wrote in message

My front garden is very traditional - lawn with flower borders. I have
lawns at the side and a big one at the back, so I am thinking of losing
the front garden lawn and converting it to a simple low maintenance
garden.

Can anyone suggest a book or a website that would help me? thanks.
Smallgarden

Look at the web site & buy the book :~)
http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm

Jenny

Low maintenance turtles HW Ponds 2 29-04-2005 04:51 AM
New here, need low maintenance ideas (long) VX United Kingdom 5 17-01-2005 04:33 PM
Plants for low-maintenance garden? andrewpreece United Kingdom 4 29-09-2004 01:37 PM
Is 1.6 wpg enough for a low maintenance, non CO2 planted tank Harry Muscle Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 15-07-2004 12:06 PM
low maintenance tree for northwest? peter Gardening 14 07-03-2003 07:44 PM