GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sad looking Petunias (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148921-sad-looking-petunias.html)

Bookworm 20-08-2006 11:27 AM

Sad looking Petunias

After the recent rain my Petunias in baskets and tubs are looking
awful. Leggy and yellowing. We have not been able to dead head to the
extent we would like. They have stems with hundreds of seed pods all
the way up and flowers at the end.

I have adressed the yellowing problem by a feed of balanced liquid
fertiliser but, if I cut them back will they sprout new flowering
shoots?

I wil give them another week to see if the feed revives them. If not
out they will go.

Any comments gratefully recieved