GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wisteria+rabbits!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148972-wisteria-rabbits.html)

Stewart Devereux 22-08-2006 04:59 PM

Wisteria+rabbits!!

Can anyone advise me on this-my beloved wisteria which is 5 years old and
about 1 inch diameter at the base, has had its bark removed by a rabbit. The
bark hasn't been totally removed, and now has a tree guard around it. Can I
buy anything to heal the wound??Will it be OK?? Some nutrient feed ??

--
Regards,
Stu Devereux.

Charlie Pridham 23-08-2006 09:11 AM

Wisteria+rabbits!!

"Stewart Devereux" wrote in message
Can anyone advise me on this-my beloved wisteria which is 5 years old and
about 1 inch diameter at the base, has had its bark removed by a rabbit.

The
bark hasn't been totally removed, and now has a tree guard around it. Can

buy anything to heal the wound??Will it be OK?? Some nutrient feed ??

--
Regards,
Stu Devereux.
Fax no. 08701339568
(Outside UK fax 448701339568)
E-mail.

Should heal fine on its own they are very tough, may also send shoots from
below the damage which should be ok even if its grafted because wisteria are
normally nurse grafted (only the seedlings roots are used) I hear rabbit pie
is very good!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk