GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leaf vacuum/blowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/148973-leaf-vacuum-blowers.html)

herman 22-08-2006 07:26 PM

Leaf vacuum/blowers

Any advice please on most efficient electric machines complete with
shredder. Light enough for a woman to handle.

Herman

EddSmith 23-08-2006 07:52 PM

Leaf vacuum/blowers

Hello,

I personally use a petrol blower/shredder/vac and have no experience
with electric ones, however I will ask around and see what I can find
out.

Edd
www.charleylandscapes.com

Robert[_3_] 27-08-2006 11:48 AM

Leaf vacuum/blowers

In message , herman
writes
Any advice please on most efficient electric machines complete with
shredder. Light enough for a woman to handle.

We have a Viking BE600 - brochure says it weighs 3.5Kg when empty. We
found it to be a very effective piece of kit, both as a blower and a
vac. The vac shredder is very good at reducing the volume of leaves.
The only problem encountered was that changing from blower to vac mode
was awkward until we got used to it.
http://www.stihl.co.uk/html/default_...tegory=product

--
Robert

herman 29-08-2006 06:30 PM

Leaf vacuum/blowers

Thanks all for your help.
Herman

"Robert" wrote in message
In message , herman
writes

Spares2you 28-02-2011 11:28 AM

As for the "easy for a woman to handle" part, I think they are all pretty bulky!

spinksy 28-02-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herman (Post 661872)
Any advice please on most efficient electric machines complete with
shredder. Light enough for a woman to handle.

Herman

i would go for a petrol one, much more powerful, however a great way of clearing leaves up is to rake them into piles. then use a plastic snow shovel and tip them into a pop up bag, then either put a bin liner over the whole pop up bag and then turn the whole thing upside down,holding the bag and pop up and shake the leaves into the bag. or just tip the pop up bag into a recycle bin or composter.by using the lightweight snow shovel, it helps not bending down all the time.. good luck spinksy