GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is this dollar spot? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149056-dollar-spot.html)

Steve[_4_] 25-08-2006 05:47 PM

Is this dollar spot?

During the, now almost forgotten, long hot dry spell I tried to ensure
that my lawn was kept well watered. Even so, brown patches started to
appear and have spread. I can't see how drought could be the cause.
Could it be overwatering?

There are images at

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...7-1727_IMG.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...7-1728_IMG.jpg

I've watered it and covered it for a day to see if it's leatherjackets,
but none showed up.

The only other thing I know of as a possibility is dollar spot but it
started about a month ago and my book says that happens later in the year.

Any ideas? Whatever it is, any ideas for treating it?

TIA

Steve

Alan Holmes[_1_] 25-08-2006 10:01 PM

Is this dollar spot?

"Steve" wrote in message
o.uk...
During the, now almost forgotten, long hot dry spell I tried to ensure
that my lawn was kept well watered. Even so, brown patches started to
appear and have spread. I can't see how drought could be the cause. Could
it be overwatering?

There are images at

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...7-1727_IMG.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k8...7-1728_IMG.jpg

I've watered it and covered it for a day to see if it's leatherjackets,
but none showed up.

The only other thing I know of as a possibility is dollar spot but it
started about a month ago and my book says that happens later in the year.

Any ideas? Whatever it is, any ideas for treating it?

Leave it, when it starts to rain, it will recover.

Alan

TIA

Steve