GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Who's this eating my hedge - please help with id and solution (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149110-whos-eating-my-hedge-please-help-id-solution.html)

NikV 27-08-2006 05:23 PM

Who's this eating my hedge - please help with id and solution

lovely viburnum hedge is being chomped to bits I can't find a leaf without
holes in - infested with insects - seen in the insets in the picture -
thousands of them

What are they?
how can I control them ?

http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/pests.jpg

Please help

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
.·°·. NIK .·°·.
(¸.·º(¸.·¨* *¨·.¸)º·.¸)

Bob Hobden 27-08-2006 11:05 PM

"NikV" wrote in message
lovely viburnum hedge is being chomped to bits I can't find a leaf without
holes in - infested with insects - seen in the insets in the picture -
thousands of them

What are they?
how can I control them ?

http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/pests.jpg

Please help

Looks like Viburnam Beetle, Pyrrhalta viburni, which overwinters on the
plant in nooks and crannies as eggs. Spray with Bifenthrin or Pyrethrum now
and again in the late spring when the lavae start their damage.

--
Regards
Bob H

NikV 27-08-2006 11:49 PM

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"NikV" wrote in message
lovely viburnum hedge is being chomped to bits I can't find a leaf
without holes in - infested with insects - seen in the insets in the
picture - thousands of them

What are they?
how can I control them ?

http://www.nasuwt.net/~nikvenn/pests.jpg

Please help

Looks like Viburnam Beetle, Pyrrhalta viburni, which overwinters on the
plant in nooks and crannies as eggs. Spray with Bifenthrin or Pyrethrum
now and again in the late spring when the lavae start their damage.

--
Regards
Bob H
17mls W. of London.UK