Old 01-09-2006, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Outdoor Cucumber male flowers only

Hi,

due to various things I was very late germinating and planting out my
Burpless Tasty Green outdoor cucumbers.

I have three plants, two in Suffolk and one in Berkshire, and they are all
growing and climbing well.

There are plenty of male flowers, but there seem to be no female flowers
developing.

In previous years I have grown this variety and it has produced an
abundant crop without any special treatment.

The only difference this year is that the plants are in the soil instead
of in pots.

They also cropped well into the autumn.

Any idea why I don't seem to be getting any cucumbers?

TIA

Dave R
Old 11-09-2006, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:29:43 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

Hi,

due to various things I was very late germinating and planting out my
Burpless Tasty Green outdoor cucumbers.

I have three plants, two in Suffolk and one in Berkshire, and they are all
growing and climbing well.

There are plenty of male flowers, but there seem to be no female flowers
developing.

In previous years I have grown this variety and it has produced an
abundant crop without any special treatment.

The only difference this year is that the plants are in the soil instead
of in pots.

They also cropped well into the autumn.

Any idea why I don't seem to be getting any cucumbers?

Update - one fruit now developing in Berkshire.
Still none in Suffolk, although the plants are much more well developed.