GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Baptisia australis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149607-baptisia-australis.html)

Sacha[_1_] 15-09-2006 12:46 PM

Baptisia australis

Can anyone tell me if there is much difference between the above and the one
called 'Nelson's Blue'?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Charlie Pridham 15-09-2006 05:23 PM

Baptisia australis

"Sacha" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is much difference between the above and the

one
called 'Nelson's Blue'?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I can see no difference, but then may not have been looking at the true
Nelson's Blue!. Both good plants though, they go over very well, no nasty
dead and dying bits.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sacha[_1_] 16-09-2006 10:27 AM

Baptisia australis

On 15/9/06 17:23, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is much difference between the above and the

one
called 'Nelson's Blue'?
--

I can see no difference, but then may not have been looking at the true
Nelson's Blue!. Both good plants though, they go over very well, no nasty
dead and dying bits.

I've only seen the Nelson's Navy (sorry, not 'blue') on tv at the Chelsea
Flower Show. I *think* the sole suppliers are Four Seasons Nursery so I
think I'll get one from them and some seed of the 'ordinary' one from
Jelitto. Thanks, Charlie.