GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ANOTHER " A Moment of Silence...... " (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149608-re-another-moment-silence.html)

Uncle Marvo 15-09-2006 01:53 PM

ANOTHER " A Moment of Silence...... "

, I, Marvo, say :

With regards to my Blue Badge. If you would like to take the
Arthritis away and the pain killers, then I would be DELIGHTED to
give up my Blue Badge. Until them, just to please you, I will ammend
my statement to "No Johannes/Arthur, regular check ups by my Doctor,
(a proper one not a self acclaimed one) and a healthy and full life
style subject to my Arthritis and False teeth".

Interestingly, my dad, great-uncle Marvo, had terrible arthritis some years
ago and was destined for a wheelchair. He moved to the South West (Cornwall)
where the consultant (at Truro hospital) prescribed him the same as he had
before (Brufen I think) but in a dose fit for an elephant. There were tins
of the stff around the house, great big tins the size of a baked bean tin. I
think they were purply-coloured "bomb" pills, like M&Ms. He rattled when he
walked.

He got better after not many months and is now still pretty much free of it.
He now has to park in car parks.

He still has false teeth though :-)

I don't know if this might be of help?

La Puce 15-09-2006 02:13 PM

ANOTHER " A Moment of Silence...... "

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I don't know if this might be of help?

What I feel helps in urg is the amount, or should I rather say, the
total lack of crosspostings, thus reducing the confusion by many who
don't see all the posts. I see you have only posted your reply to urg.
That's nice but ...

Uncle Marvo 15-09-2006 02:18 PM

ANOTHER " A Moment of Silence...... "

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I don't know if this might be of help?

What I feel helps in urg is the amount, or should I rather say, the
total lack of crosspostings, thus reducing the confusion by many who
don't see all the posts. I see you have only posted your reply to urg.
That's nice but ...

I think I know what crossposting is. My thingy says I mustn't when it tries
to go to more than one group. But otherwise je ne comprend pas in the usual
newbie way.

See how I knew already what urg means? I learn.

Sacha[_1_] 15-09-2006 02:27 PM

ANOTHER " A Moment of Silence...... "

On 15/9/06 14:18, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I don't know if this might be of help?

What I feel helps in urg is the amount, or should I rather say, the
total lack of crosspostings, thus reducing the confusion by many who
don't see all the posts. I see you have only posted your reply to urg.
That's nice but ...

I think I know what crossposting is. My thingy says I mustn't when it tries
to go to more than one group. But otherwise je ne comprend pas in the usual
newbie way.

See how I knew already what urg means? I learn.

Didn't you say you'd been a computer programmer for some time?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Uncle Marvo 15-09-2006 02:28 PM

ANOTHER " A Moment of Silence...... "

, I, Marvo, say :

On 15/9/06 14:18, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

, I, Marvo, say
:

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I don't know if this might be of help?

What I feel helps in urg is the amount, or should I rather say, the
total lack of crosspostings, thus reducing the confusion by many who
don't see all the posts. I see you have only posted your reply to
urg. That's nice but ...

I think I know what crossposting is. My thingy says I mustn't when
it tries to go to more than one group. But otherwise je ne comprend
pas in the usual newbie way.

See how I knew already what urg means? I learn.

Didn't you say you'd been a computer programmer for some time?

Everyone says that ...

A Computer Programmer doesn't "use" computers necessarily, they make
programs for other people to use.

I know nought of Word, Excel, Access, and all those things. Nor newsgroups.

Nor gardening, come to that :-)

La Puce 15-09-2006 02:34 PM

ANOTHER " A Moment of Silence...... "

Uncle Marvo wrote:
Everyone says that ...
A Computer Programmer doesn't "use" computers necessarily, they make
programs for other people to use.
I know nought of Word, Excel, Access, and all those things. Nor newsgroups.
Nor gardening, come to that :-)

LOL! Uncle, you're priceless. But it's best for everyone to stay within
the fences of urg, snug and comfy and only invite people with a
penchant for nature.

Sacha[_1_] 15-09-2006 05:47 PM

ANOTHER " A Moment of Silence...... "

On 15/9/06 14:28, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

On 15/9/06 14:18, in article
, "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

, I, Marvo, say
:

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I don't know if this might be of help?

What I feel helps in urg is the amount, or should I rather say, the
total lack of crosspostings, thus reducing the confusion by many who
don't see all the posts. I see you have only posted your reply to
urg. That's nice but ...

I think I know what crossposting is. My thingy says I mustn't when
it tries to go to more than one group. But otherwise je ne comprend
pas in the usual newbie way.

See how I knew already what urg means? I learn.

Didn't you say you'd been a computer programmer for some time?

Everyone says that ...

A Computer Programmer doesn't "use" computers necessarily, they make
programs for other people to use.

I know nought of Word, Excel, Access, and all those things. Nor newsgroups.

Nor gardening, come to that :-)

But you have a close familiarity with wooden spoons......