GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   advice on laying turf (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149648-advice-laying-turf.html)

alec green 16-09-2006 07:50 PM

advice on laying turf

Hi All

I need to raise the level of my lawn about 2" inches, is it OK the lay
new turf on top of the existing lawn?

Many Thanks

Alec

pied piper[_1_] 18-09-2006 07:46 AM

advice on laying turf

"alec green" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All

I need to raise the level of my lawn about 2" inches, is it OK the lay
new turf on top of the existing lawn?

Many Thanks

Alec

no it would cause a root break u could build up by top dressing the lawn
every autum

alec green 18-09-2006 06:39 PM

advice on laying turf

Thanks for the advice, would please explain a little more on 'top
dressing the lawn', im not sure what you mean!

Thank again for you help

Alec

pied piper[_1_] 18-09-2006 09:48 PM

advice on laying turf

"alec green" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the advice, would please explain a little more on 'top
dressing the lawn', im not sure what you mean!

Thank again for you help

Alec

scarify cut spike then seed finally spread a suitable soil over the grass
and lute