Old 22-09-2006, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Who are these urglers?

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I can't believe that. I was on it the same day then. Absolutely full of
chavs, it was!

NOOOooo. I mean, you on it too? We were there on the 16th back from
Bilbao (we find it quicker to go 'home' to Bordeaux). True about the
chavs though, but we kept going to the 'superior restaurant' from
breakfast to supper. Did you venture into the 'cabaret' bit? We thought
it would be something to do since we didn't go there last year - the
kids didn't want to go but still, we sat and had a drink. When the
raffle started to support the 'dolphin society' on board, we sent my
youngest, Jonah, to get a ticket for a quid and we won!!! Jonah had to
go and get the price. The 'wales chap' asked Jonah's name .... you
guessed it, general uproar!!

We won a cruise. Yeah right ... to be taken before December, 4 berths
no windows, from Hull to Zeebruge ... who are they kidding?!

Old 22-09-2006, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Uncle Marvo wrote:
We were there on the 16th! And indeed in the Langan's Brasserie of which you
speak?

Yes! We celebrated my birthday there - here ....

http://cjoint.com/?jwlLwCgFLk

That is so bizarre )

We were the noisy ones in the corner, with the giggling girl dressed
in black, although I hastily add she's nothing to do with me.

My youngest took shots of the mirror ceiling. Maybe you're on there
with the black dress lady ... Just leave £20K in a brown bag by the
letter box and I'll release the negative ;o)

I ventured into the "entertainment", which was truly dire.

Totally. We've taken the trip a few times and never went until this
year. We're not really keen on this kind of entertainment. But it was
my birthday ...

Small world, eh?

You're telling me!

Old 22-09-2006, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
We were there on the 16th! And indeed in the Langan's Brasserie of
which you speak?

Yes! We celebrated my birthday there - here ....

http://cjoint.com/?jwlLwCgFLk

That is so bizarre )

We were the noisy ones in the corner, with the giggling girl dressed
in black, although I hastily add she's nothing to do with me.

My youngest took shots of the mirror ceiling. Maybe you're on there
with the black dress lady ... Just leave £20K in a brown bag by the
letter box and I'll release the negative ;o)

You must have earlier, because that table you can just see (left of pic)
behind you was occupied when we came in (must have been about 8.30?) and we
were then on the table about 2 feet behind you in that picture. Have you a
later pic, about an hour later? And then I will feature in it. Crikey, that
is a coincidence. I reckon that Sacha's right, your a stalker. A clairvoyant
staker.

The girl who served you was called Ruth Lopez, she is a Basque Spaniard who
speaka da good Inglese. And you had the pork ... good, wasn't it?

:-)

I ventured into the "entertainment", which was truly dire.

Totally. We've taken the trip a few times and never went until this
year. We're not really keen on this kind of entertainment. But it was
my birthday ...

Dire, the boat was full of Welsh. On the way out, they were all from Wigan.

Old 22-09-2006, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Uncle Marvo wrote:
You must have earlier, because that table you can just see (left of pic)
behind you was occupied when we came in (must have been about 8.30?) and we
were then on the table about 2 feet behind you in that picture. Have you a
later pic, about an hour later? And then I will feature in it. Crikey, that
is a coincidence. I reckon that Sacha's right, your a stalker. A clairvoyant
staker.

LOL!! We were booked for 7pm. Here is the ceilling pic:

http://cjoint.com/?jwm31JYksE

Is that you?!?

The girl who served you was called Ruth Lopez, she is a Basque Spaniard who
speaka da good Inglese. And you had the pork ... good, wasn't it?

Stop it! That is so scary - but I had fish, I'm sure I had the turbot
with vegs. Nice try.

Dire, the boat was full of Welsh. On the way out, they were all from Wigan.

It isn't an 'exceptional' cruise, I quite agree. I had a better time
going to I'isle de Re, Chateau d'Ife etc... - it's not meant for this
or perhaps it was but kind has gone commercial and has therefore lost a
bit of classic touch. It's the best way for us to travel home with the
car and kids and lots of goodies on the way back. I refuse to fly -
unless I have absolutely no choice - I am disgusted with people flying
everywhere on those cheap flights and then being desolate at the state
of our air, environment and health. The choice is ours - I choose my
friends accordingly now. It's nothing to do with being 'nice' but do to
with being 'intelligent'. I think you are both - are you both?

Old 22-09-2006, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
You must have earlier, because that table you can just see (left of
pic) behind you was occupied when we came in (must have been about
8.30?) and we were then on the table about 2 feet behind you in that
picture. Have you a later pic, about an hour later? And then I will
feature in it. Crikey, that is a coincidence. I reckon that Sacha's
right, your a stalker. A clairvoyant staker.

LOL!! We were booked for 7pm. Here is the ceilling pic:

http://cjoint.com/?jwm31JYksE

Is that you?!?

I don't know, it's upside-down. [turns it over] No, but that's the table
where we were to be in a minute :-)

The girl who served you was called Ruth Lopez, she is a Basque
Spaniard who speaka da good Inglese. And you had the pork ... good,
wasn't it?

Stop it! That is so scary - but I had fish, I'm sure I had the turbot
with vegs. Nice try.

I guessed at the pork. *I* had the pork, three times, and it was delicious.
But I bet I was right about the waitress. She was really nice and friendly.
I think we probably saw you going out as we went in!

I shall send you a mail with some more info as it is too scary for here ...

Dire, the boat was full of Welsh. On the way out, they were all from
Wigan.

It isn't an 'exceptional' cruise, I quite agree. I had a better time
going to I'isle de Re, Chateau d'Ife etc... - it's not meant for this
or perhaps it was but kind has gone commercial and has therefore lost
a bit of classic touch. It's the best way for us to travel home with
the car and kids and lots of goodies on the way back. I refuse to fly
- unless I have absolutely no choice - I am disgusted with people
flying everywhere on those cheap flights and then being desolate at
the state of our air, environment and health. The choice is ours - I
choose my friends accordingly now. It's nothing to do with being
'nice' but do to with being 'intelligent'. I think you are both - are
you both?

We had a car+4. The purple Vectra Estate with about 6000 fags in the back,
couldn't miss it.

I like to think I'm both. Sadly many people on newsgroups think I'm a bit of
neither.

But I think you're both

:-)

And I'm going back to Spain next month, by air :-(

I wish it /was/ cheap!

Old 22-09-2006, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
Pay for an upgrade and go to York it is nice in December.

Yes it is. I love York. But then go to Hull? What a terrible thought
.... And I don't know where I've put the 'fabulous prize' either.
Honestly Martin, I do keep coupons to get a metal Ryveta box, but I
would never ever pay an upgrade from Hull to Zeebruge ... in fact I
don't want to ever have to go to Hull. And Zeebruge.

Old 22-09-2006, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , JennyC
writes

Get yourself an extension:
http://www.bigfoto.com/europe/nether...house-boat.jpg

More shed than extension

--
regards andyw
Old 22-09-2006, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article . com, La
Puce writes

Heard this one the other day: what do you call a french man wearing
sandals?

Phillipe Flop.

I'd like to say that almost made up for the recent grief.[1] I'd like
to, but I can't - and its not the joke's fault. It was quite close
though.

[1] This post was prepared with the intention of not irritating,
angering or otherwise antagonising any of the participants in said
grief, whosoever they may be.[2] No genetically modified opinions were
used and no thoughts were harmed in the process. However, it was
prepared in a mind that some might consider [contains] nuts

[2] Although this may well be a vain hope

--
regards andyw

Old 22-09-2006, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

newsb wrote:
I'd like to say that almost made up for the recent grief.[1] I'd like
to, but I can't - and its not the joke's fault. It was quite close
though.

Better not say anything then and proceed to a garden query, an
observation or an anecdote, don't you think?

Old 25-09-2006, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , K
writes

.

Because we all have to live to close together and in harmony, and that
in the long term is more important than sticking out rigidly for the
rights of our case.

Oh dear,
nobody told me !

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 25-09-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Uncle Marvo
writes
Uncle Marvo wrote:
[...]

Marvo, I lurk in Waterways and I am a bit confused, you posted on there
on 16th August that you were going to Spain the next day, 17th August
until the end of the month.

You then say on u.k. rec.gardening, that you and Puce were on the same
boat, at the same time and that you brought back a car full of
cigarettes - have I misunderstood as I cannot see how you could be on
the same boat at the same time - duh?

signed - Confused at Norwich
--
Judith Lea
Old 25-09-2006, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

In article , Uncle Marvo
writes
Uncle Marvo wrote:
[...]

I will check my dates - might be why she didn't spot me!

Pretty sure though ...

Old 25-09-2006, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

this in , I, Marvo, say :

, I, Marvo, say :

In article , Uncle Marvo
writes
Uncle Marvo wrote:
[...]

You lurk the truth. She was coming back on the boat I was going on ... aha.
What has confused me was the day, we went on the Thursday (blimey, they
clean that boat up quick) and back on the 29th, which was the following
Tuesday. Clearly this boat doesn't go out on the same day everytime then, as
Ms Puce was on it on a Wednesday and we were on it on a Tuesday.

So that explains why I didn't spot Ms Puce et famille; I would have, because
the number of IQs in three figures would not at any time have exceeded a
dozen or so, and that includes the captain. And someone NOT wearing a shirt
emblazoned with the number "9" numbered less than 9. Who *is* number 9
anyway?

Note for anyone expecting any semblance of "good" about this trip : it would
be, apart from 99.something percent of the passengers.

Anyway, I am making a return, but this time by aer-o-plane. I am ashamed
:-)