Old 10-10-2006, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Who are these urglers?

Martin wrote:
We have just been to and from York and places east of it via Hull, a
totally painless process.You don't have to linger in Hull, if you go
via Scarborough and the A64 to York you can even visit the walled
garden of Scampston near Malton.
http://www.scampston.co.uk/location.asp
I found it a bit boring too much greenery too formal and not enough
flowers. I prefer the walled garden of Helmsley, full of flowers even
in October and it even has a vineyard.
http://www.helmsleywalledgarden.org.uk/
The walled garden in Helmsley offers free accommodation to those
willing to do a bit of weeding etc.

Thanks Martin, and sorry I had missed your post. I've never been to
Scarborough, strangely, and there's a few things I would like to visit
(they want to be the town by the sea and not a seaside town - I need to
find out what they mean).

I haven't had much time to visit gardens this autumn, beside abroad ...
but one which is on my list is the Crockmore House in Fawley
Oxfordshire. I think I'm in love )

Old 11-10-2006, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ps.com...

Martin wrote:
[...]

NB the Walled garden at Hemsley has a large clematis collection maintained
by the British Clematis society (but if you have just been you probably
knew that!) :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 12-10-2006, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

I think I'm in love )

That's just typical of you Frenchies.