GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149763-grass-problems.html)

[email protected] 20-09-2006 05:23 PM

Grass problems

Hello,

I've had this grass lawn for 30 years, and suddenly, I've a problem
with magpies and crows (mostly!) pecking up the grass in a particular
patch. Would it be moss that is attracting the birds, as there is a
bit in that area?

If anyone has had a similar problem and came up with a solution (short
of killing them!!), I'd appreciate any advice they have.

Thanks,

Shay

RCW 20-09-2006 06:29 PM

Grass problems

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I've had this grass lawn for 30 years, and suddenly, I've a problem
with magpies and crows (mostly!) pecking up the grass in a particular
patch. Would it be moss that is attracting the birds, as there is a
bit in that area?

If anyone has had a similar problem and came up with a solution (short
of killing them!!), I'd appreciate any advice they have.

Leatherjackets and beetles.

Netting works, but messy with several birds stuck in it ;-)

®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³ 20-09-2006 09:36 PM

Grass problems

On 20 Sep 2006 09:23:49 -0700, wrote and
included this (or some of this):

Hello,

I've had this grass lawn for 30 years, and suddenly, I've a problem
with magpies and crows (mostly!) pecking up the grass in a particular
patch. Would it be moss that is attracting the birds, as there is a
bit in that area?

If anyone has had a similar problem and came up with a solution (short
of killing them!!), I'd appreciate any advice they have.

Ant colonies? I've had a sudden plague of dead grass areas where
ants are proliferating.

--
RonC

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?