GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   will it just die ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149824-will-just-die.html)

NC 23-09-2006 01:14 AM

will it just die ?

I am making some changes in the garden and plan to plant a climber or
two ona north facing wall. If I buy and plant now, will they just die ?
Should I wait until spring ?
Thinking Boston Ivy, Clematis Star of India or Clematis Arabella from
Crocus.

NC 23-09-2006 01:15 AM

will it just die ?

NC wrote:
I am making some changes in the garden and plan to plant a climber or
two ona north facing wall. If I buy and plant now, will they just die ?
Should I wait until spring ?
Thinking Boston Ivy, Clematis Star of India or Clematis Arabella from
Crocus.

ps....
how should I prep the soil ? Its along a wall, so quite poor draining,
and has fairly high clay content. Dig out a ditch and fill with generic
compost from a GC ?