GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Will next year's sunflowers grow from this year's roots? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149854-will-next-years-sunflowers-grow-years-roots.html)

[email protected][_1_] 24-09-2006 04:45 PM

Will next year's sunflowers grow from this year's roots?

I've just said goodbye to some sunflowers which have been "got at" by a
squirrel. I've chopped them down but have left the roots. Will
they grow back again next year? Or will I have to start again from
scratch?

Ken

Nick Maclaren 24-09-2006 04:52 PM

Will next year's sunflowers grow from this year's roots?

In article .com,
writes:

| I've just said goodbye to some sunflowers which have been "got at" by a
| squirrel. I've chopped them down but have left the roots. Will
| they grow back again next year? Or will I have to start again from
| scratch?

The latter.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 24-09-2006 08:20 PM

Will next year's sunflowers grow from this year's roots?

In message .com,
writes
I've just said goodbye to some sunflowers which have been "got at" by a
squirrel. I've chopped them down but have left the roots. Will
they grow back again next year? Or will I have to start again from
scratch?

Ken

You're probably referring to Helianthus annuus. This, as indicated by
the name, is an annual.

Do you know which type of sunflower you've got?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley