GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Solanum crispum ( Chilean potato vine ) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149887-solanum-crispum-chilean-potato-vine.html)

Zipadee Doodar 24-09-2006 08:02 PM

Solanum crispum ( Chilean potato vine )

I have several of these planted about the garden. they do remarkably well,
but most now seem to have very little foliage at the bottom. I am about to
plany several more, and wonder if there is anything I can do to encourage a
more even growth from base to tip?

regarsds

Charlie Pridham 25-09-2006 09:03 AM

Solanum crispum ( Chilean potato vine )

"Zipadee Doodar" wrote in message
k...
I have several of these planted about the garden. they do remarkably well,
but most now seem to have very little foliage at the bottom. I am about to
plany several more, and wonder if there is anything I can do to encourage

more even growth from base to tip?

regarsds

You have to prune the plants, spring is best.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk